Ford Closing Louisville Truck Plant For One Week
Heavy-duty truck, some SUV production affected
The Kentucky plant makes the F-250 and F-350 heavy duty pickup trucks, and the Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator large SUVs.
The car maker had already planned to idle production at the plant later this quarter, said George Pipas, Ford's manager of sales analysis. But the company decided to shut the plant earlier than scheduled "to address a short supply of components," he said.
Slowing demand for full-sized trucks also factored into the decision, Pipas said.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video