Ford Outsells GM In March U.S. Sales
Ford continues to surge, while GM stumbles after going public last November
March was only the second month Ford Motor Co. has outsold GM since 1998.
Ford says its sales rose 16 percent over last March. Among the strongest sellers was the new Explorer, which saw sales double over last March.
Ford said buyers gravitated to smaller, more fuel-efficient cars and SUVs because of rising gas prices. The new Fiesta subcompact saw sales jump 56 percent from February. The Fusion sedan and Escape small SUV also saw big increases for the month.
Ford sold 212,777 cars and trucks in March. That is 6,100 more than GM.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies