Burned 1974 Lamborghini Espada – Click above to watch video after the jump

A man in Bloomfield Township, Michigan was trying to start his 1974 Lamborghini Espada when the car caught fire in the garage of a house he had just sold. Thankfully the man was unhurt and was able to get his mother and dog out of the house before the fire gutted the lower level and garage.

The new owner had closed on the house a week earlier. Firefighters said the first floor of the house was a total loss and the second story sustained heavy smoke damage. The classic Lambo was toast. Nobody's sure what exactly caused the car to ignite, but we'd guess carburetors and notoriously faulty electronics have something to do with it. You can watch news coverage of the Lambo inferno after the jump.

[Source: Detroit Action News]

I'm reporting this comment as:

Reported comments and users are reviewed by Autoblog staff 24 hours a day, seven days a week to determine whether they violate Community Guideline. Accounts are penalized for Community Guidelines violations and serious or repeated violations can lead to account termination.

    • 1 Second Ago
  • 2015 Toyota Highlander
    MSRP: $29,765 - $44,140
    2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    MSRP: $29,995 - $64,895
    2015 Honda Accord
    MSRP: $22,105 - $33,630
    2015 Honda Civic
    MSRP: $18,290 - $26,740
    2015 Mazda Mazda3
    MSRP: $16,945 - $25,545
    Share This Photo X