Video: Fire destroys 1974 Lamborghini Espada
A man in Bloomfield Township, Michigan was trying to start his 1974 Lamborghini Espada when the car caught fire in the garage of a house he had just sold. Thankfully the man was unhurt and was able to get his mother and dog out of the house before the fire gutted the lower level and garage.
The new owner had closed on the house a week earlier. Firefighters said the first floor of the house was a total loss and the second story sustained heavy smoke damage. The classic Lambo was toast. Nobody's sure what exactly caused the car to ignite, but we'd guess carburetors and notoriously faulty electronics have something to do with it. You can watch news coverage of the Lambo inferno after the jump.
[Source: Detroit Action News]
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Company to lease Tesla Model 3 for each employee, new Apple store for cars?Watch Video