U.S. approves Exxon Mobil's request for deepwater drill in Gulf
Exxon Mobil was awarded the permit after apparently proving that it can comply with drilling regulations imposed by the Department of the Interior after the Gulf spill. Exxon Mobil says that its well will be equipped with a blowout containment system provided by Marine Well Containment Co. to capture any oil that could otherwise leak into the Gulf in the event of a failure.
Exxon Mobil said in a statement that it supports the government's efforts to resume drilling, but that's what an oil company is expected to say. Right?
[Source: Reuters | Iomage: jkirkhart35 – C.C. License 2.0]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models