Video: Ken Block destroys Fiesta WRC car before Rally of Portugal
At the Rally of Portugal, Ken Block and teammate Alex Gelsomino were in the midst of shakedown runs when things suddenly got messy. Block clipped the inside of a turn and it sent his Ford Fiesta WRC car flying sideways.
The Fiesta rolled once before smacking the ground and rolling several more times. It was a violent accident that sent Block and Gelsomino to the hospital, though both men are reported to be uninjured. The car, however, is toast.
This gives Block a bit more time to prepare for the next leg of the WRC circuit, which will take place at Rally Argentina. In the meantime, you can click past the jump to see the reason he won't be competing at Rally of Portugal.
[Sources: YouTube, Autosport.com]
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video