BYD finally, quietly comes to America
Bill Wang, a business development manager in Glendale, claimed that BYD has lined up approximately ten dealerships across the country to sell the automaker's vehicles to fleets later this year and to the public in early 2012. BYD says it aims to sell 20,000 cars in the U.S. next year.
Michael Austin, vice president of BYD America, credited Onnik Mehrabian, owner of Cars 911, for providing the automaker with a site for its operation and claims that Mehrabian expressed some interest in opening a BYD dealership in Glendale. Meanwhile, BYD is constructing its North American headquarters on Figueroa Street in Los Angeles, CA.
[Source: Glendale News-Press]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models