Red Bull's racing app lets you create your own track out of cans
Ever wanted to build your own racetrack? Red Bull has a new app for iPhone users that lets you do just that. Arrange a series of cans in the shape of your track then trace the path using your iPhone's camera. The app will process the layout and turn it into a track, which can then be raced.
Since gasoline is attempting to catch up to the cost of Red Bull, it may be cheaper to race on energy drink-based tracks than real ones. Red Bull employed Cole Whitt, NASCAR team driver, to demonstrate the application, which is available for free in the iTunes App Store. Click past the jump to see Cole Whitt create and race on his virtual track.
[Source: Red Bull]
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX