The 2011 BMW 1M is a highly anticipated two-door said to be created to remind drivers of the 1988 M3. Though it weighs nearly 400 pounds more than the E30 M3, the new 1M does get 340 horsepower courtesy of a twin-turbo 3.0-liter inline-six. If those numbers are intriguing, you may want to head to BMW and see how much it will cost you to own one.
We tested out the configurator for ourselves, and our Alpine White 1M is going to add $53,735 to our AmEx balance. The wife may throw a fit, but we'll probably never see her again anyway... Time to start writing from the road. Thanks for the tip, Luis!
2011 BMW 1 Series M Coupe configurator goes live, causes momentary consideration of kidney sale
Live photos copyright ©2011 Jeremy Korzeniewski / AOL
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX