Video: 'Yesterday's Cars of Tomorrow' makes us nostalgic for a future that never was
Think today's concept cars – like the ones recently unveiled at the currently ongoing Geneva Motor Show – are off the wall? They ain't got nothin' on what American automakers and independent engineers alike were coming up with circa the 1950s.
With the jet age throttling up to full speed, the concept cars of yesteryear embodied the unbridled optimism of post-war America. Today, of course, they seem as kitschy as an old Disneyland ride, but you can take that step back into the future that never was in the brief video after the jump. Just don't forget where you parked the DeLorean there, Marty.
[Source: Retro Thing]
- Spy shots automakers don't want you to see
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Bargain-priced performance hatchbacks
- Why trucks matter so much in Texas
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!
From Our Partners
You May Like
Links by Zergnet
Recharge Wrap-up: BMW i8 and i3 CrossFade Edition in Paris, upgraded Atieva electric van races againWatch Video