Has the Ring Taxi been retired for good?
Since the program's start in 1986, some 90,000 passengers have enjoyed the experience, clocking more than 400,000 miles over the course of over 300,000 hot laps. But with financial constraints apparently coming to bear, OK Speed Marketing is reportedly canceling the Ring Taxi program due to an apparent lack of profitability. Which is a shame, because from what we hear, the combination of Sabine, an M5 and the Ring added up to one heck of a wild ride.
Looking on the bright side, however, it appears that some unknown entity is looking to pick the idea of the Ring Taxi back up... though it wouldn't seem likely to keep the same name. We'll let you know what we hear.
[Source: Bridge to Gantry]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models