Lexus has just released a limited-edition version of the IS 350C convertible that will go on sale later this month. Called the F Sport Special Edition, the droptop is limited to a scant 175 units, priced from $55,120, not including delivery and processing fees.
To set it apart from other IS 350Cs, the F Sport Special Edition benefits from a few visual tweaks. It rides on 19-inch forged alloy wheels with a dark graphite finish and the only two exterior colors available are Starfire Pearl (pictured) or Obsidian. Other F Sport touches include Bilstein shocks and lowering springs that bring the IS one inch closer to the ground, and a unique sway bar set has been added, too.
The interior is padded with black and red leather surfaces, and both heated and cooled seats are standard. Navigation is also part of the Special Edition package, encompassing things like a rearview camera, Lexus Enform and the full host of XM infotainment features. Hit the jump for the official press blast.
* Only 175 Units Will Be Produced
* Features F Sport Performance Accessories
* Interior Badging and Red Stitching
TORRANCE, Calif. (February 8, 2011) – Lexus today announced the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $55,120 for the 2011 IS 350C F Sport Special Edition which will arrive at dealerships later this month. The MSRP does not include a delivery, processing and handling fee of $875.
"The F Sport Special Edition builds on the IS 350C and takes the fun of the convertible up another notch," said Mark Templin, Lexus Division group vice president and general manager. "The racing inspired F Sport accessories on this car were precision engineered specifically for this vehicle, allowing us to provide performance without compromise."
This 2011 IS 350C Special Edition was designed to engage driving enthusiasts with the performance and styling enhancements from the F Sport accessories line. This IS 350C, only available in two colors, Starfire Pearl or Obsidian, can be distinguished from other IS convertibles by the following F Sport equipment:
* 19-inch forged alloy wheels with dark graphite finish and Michelin Pilot Sport 225/35ZR19 tires in the front and 255/35ZR19 tires in the rear;
* Shock set developed in cooperation with Bilstein®;
* Lowering springs that reduce the ride height approximately one-inch in the front and rear resulting in a more aggressive appearance and lower center of gravity;
* Sway bar set that helps reduce body roll and provide flatter cornering;
* Bi-Xenon High Intensity Headlamps with LED Daytime Running Lights
* And exterior badging and a Special Build 2011 interior badge on the center console complete the uniqueness of this vehicle.
The IS 350C F Sport Special Edition also comes with black and red semi-aniline leather-trimmed seats with sporty red stitching. Other Special Edition standard features include heated and ventilated front seats with wood trim and Lexus Navigation. The hard disk drive (HDD) navigation system has a seven-inch VGA touch-screen, Bluetooth® phonebook download capabilities, a rear back-up camera, Voice Command casual-language voice recognition system, Lexus Enform, XM® NavTraffic, XM® NavWeather, and XM® Sports and Stocks. XM services include a complimentary 90-day trial subscription. It is also features the new telematics system Lexus Enform™ with Safety Connect™ (includes complimentary one-year trial subscription).
"The IS 350C F Sport Special Edition is a unique package of style and excitement. With only 175 units available nationwide they'll sell out fast to customers who want power, performance and a little more fun under the sun," said Templin.