• Feb 16, 2011
Despite the prophecies that many analysts made last year, it looks like neither Fiat nor Ferrari has any pressing interest in listing the supercar maker as a separate entity from its parent company. According to Reuters, Ferrari CEO Luca Cordero di Montezemolo has said that there are no current plans to list the company, and that while such a project may crop up in the next four-to-five years, it's not something that's on the table at the moment. Montezemolo made the comments while speaking with foreign media, and he added that it's possible that Ferrari may never be listed at all.

Just last year, analysts predicted that Fiat was considering a separate listing for the Prancing Horse. Fiat currently owns about 85 percent of the Maranello-based automaker, though when the reports surfaced, the company said that a separate listing for Ferrari was only one of several different strategies that it was investigating at the time.

[Source: Reuters | Image: Noah Joseph / AOL]


I'm reporting this comment as:

Reported comments and users are reviewed by Autoblog staff 24 hours a day, seven days a week to determine whether they violate Community Guideline. Accounts are penalized for Community Guidelines violations and serious or repeated violations can lead to account termination.


    • 1 Second Ago
  • 4 Comments