Hybrid M55 Beast bound to land cameo in Transformers 5 [video]
Torque output starts off at a uninspiring 3.84 pound-feet, but thanks to a speed reduction transmission, twist can jump to 76 lb-ft, allowing the rather portly (nearly 73 pounds) Beast to hit a V-max of 48 mph. Although M55 doesn't cite a range, the company claims the battery packs can be recharged to 80% capacity in a mere 15 minutes.
So how much will all this bespoke two-wheeled kit cost? A wallet-shuddering $33,500 – or enough to put you into a new Toyota Prius and pay for nearly two years of gas. But with only 55 examples slated for production, that's the price you pay for EV exclusivity.
[Source: M55 via Cycle EXIF]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models