Super Bowl ads shed some light on alternative powertrain vehicles
During the broadcast of Super Bowl XLV, 63 commercials hit the air waves. Advertisements from automakers including Chevrolet, Chrysler, BMW, Mini, Mercedes-Benz, Volkswagen, Audi, Hyundai, Kia, Suzuki and Bridgestone accounted for 19 of the total 63 commercials (30.2 percent) that aired on Super Bowl Sunday.
Of those 19, Green Car Congress points out that only three spots focused on alternative powertrain vehicles: one for the plug-in Chevrolet Volt; one for Hyundai's gas-electric Sonata; and one focusing on BMW's clean diesel vehicles. The Chevy Cruze, with three commercials during the Super Bowl, was king among compact cars, followed by the Hyundai Elantra with its two spots. And just in case you're wondering, the Nissan Leaf was absent from the Super Bowl ad frenzy.
[Source: Green Car Congress]
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX