Video: Saab plays up its "Born From Jets" heritage in new TV spot
Just over a year ago, Saab suffered through a near-death experience. Apparently, it took until now for the flashbacks to begin. Beyond the jump is a 30-second commercial for the new 9-5 that spends more time waxing poetic about Saab's 60-year history than it spends showing off its latest sports sedan.
We're okay with that, though, because we rather enjoy viewing moving pictures of such classics as the 92001 prototype and the 96 (shown above). Very well done, though we're not so sure how much the ad will help Saab agency McCann Erickson during its spring review.
Hit the jump if you'd like to relive Saab's "From Jets" glory years. If you want to catch one more glimpse of the 9-2X, though, you should probably sit this one out...
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX