How the limited range of an electric car can be a good thing
What it boils down to is the notion that, perhaps, instead of molding electric vehicles to fit the demands of society, some people could start molding themselves to the limitations of the vehicle. That means taking public transportation for longer trips or simply not taking the trip at all. If this mentality spread to enough people, it could eventually lead to more 'localization' in cities and society in general, a reduction of petroleum required to sustain life and other benefits. It's not an easy adaptation to make, but no one ever said getting off oil would be a cakewalk.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies