LG Chem signs lithium-ion battery deal with China's Changan Auto
Terms of the deal state that LG Chem will produce li-ion batteries for Changan's future electric and hybrid vehicles. In addition, both companies are discussing the establishment of a full-blown joint venture and are considering the construction of a plant in Chongqing, a city in southern China. Specific details of the partnership are murky, but it seems as though either LG Chem will establish its own production facility in Chongqing, which would simply make it a supplier of batteries for Changan, or that the two sides will team up on construction of the plant, thus giving Changan an entry point into the li-ion battery industry.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models