CES 2011: Hands on with BMW's Blackberry integration [video]
BMW's Blackberry connectivity is pretty bare-bones when compared to some of the other systems demoed at CES, but for the "business professional on the move" the QNX-developed solution is exactly what the doctor order. Using either a Blackberry Storm or the new Torch, iDrive pulls in recent emails and calendar appointments via Bluetooth then displays them on the screen. The system can also read messages aloud and respond to emails and texts with canned responses. It's nothing revolutionary, but simplicity goes a long way when you're focused on the task at hand. Check it out in the video below.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies