China eliminates consumption tax on biodiesel
According to the MOF, China's biodiesel consumption tax exemption applies to any purchases made after January 1, 2009. The nation's government will issue refunds for taxes already paid by consumers.
The elimination of taxes on biodiesel is expected to save producers of the renewable fuel approximately 900 yuan ($135 U.S. at the current exchange rate) per ton and should make biodiesel more competitive with other fuels. Government officials further suggest that increased use of biodiesel will protect its citizens from the safety risks associated with consuming waste oils.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models