SAIC raises $1.5B in funds; looks to expand electric-drive development
Over the years, SAIC has developed partnerships with Volkswagen and General Motors. Most of SAIC's current models are built by its partners and sold under the SAIC name. However, in recent times, the Chinese automaker has focused on developing its own brand and projects that it will sell at least 180,000 SAIC-developed vehicles in 2010.
The Chinese automaker will set aside a portion of the $1.5 billion in funds to expand its technology center for the development of electric-drive vehicles. SAIC hopes to produce advanced technology vehicles that compete with gas-electric offerings from foreign rivals such as Ford and Toyota.
[Source: Green Car Advisor]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models