• Dec 8, 2010
Aston Martin One-77 – Click above for high-res image gallery

The One-77 is the rarest of all Aston Martin models, with a grand total of 77 units for the rest of forever (well, assuming they decide against a Volante model). Add in a body that is made with copious amounts of carbon fiber, a 750-horsepower V12 and hand-formed aluminum panels and you're looking at a price tag of $1.87 million. If you're thinking that that's more money than you're likely to make in the next lifetime, we're on the same wavelength, but not everyone is tuned to the same frequency.

Inside Line reports that fully 60 of the 77 One-77s are already spoken for, leaving only 17 copies of the ultra-mega rare English exotic up for grabs. And what One-77 owner doesn't want a mini-Aston for when driving their $1.87 million supercar is just too big for the country club? IL claims that many One-77 buyers are opting to spend the extra $30,000 for the Toyota IQ-based Cygnet. Hey, $30,000 may be a lot of coin for a gussied-up Toyota, but then again, the Cygnet likely isn't the only $30,000 option available in Aston's catalog – and it drives all by itself.



[Source: Inside Line]


I'm reporting this comment as:

Reported comments and users are reviewed by Autoblog staff 24 hours a day, seven days a week to determine whether they violate Community Guideline. Accounts are penalized for Community Guidelines violations and serious or repeated violations can lead to account termination.


    • 1 Second Ago
  • 27 Comments
      • 4 Years Ago
      I'd be in line for one myself if I had the cash. Great car.
      • 4 Years Ago
      Is not sold out yet?!?!?!

      What a failure! hahaha
      • 4 Years Ago
      Fantastic car, save three styling details.

      1: the front 'cheek' ducts cutting into the headlights... looks odd.

      2: the reverse curve in the quarter-window looks odd, compared to the graceful upsweep on the rest of the aston lineup.

      3: the rear fenders are too starkly wide. It is fine if the track is that wide... but then the doors should be swept into the rear fenders, instead of having such obvious 'haunches'. They also cut into the quarter windows, necessitating that reverse curve, for issue 2.

      With just slightly more styling grace, this could be truly an amazing looking car, as well as being a technically amazing car. It is a bit too brash for Aston Martin, IMHO.
      • 4 Years Ago
      the sad part is that the people who are buying these aren't even going to drive them.
      • 4 Years Ago
      couldn't a machine form the aluminum panels more precisely than a human?

      I would be happy with a DBS and a paid off house and a Raptor and a cayman and a GTI and a Rubicon and a quiver of surfboards and gas money lol
        • 4 Years Ago
        Machines make parts. Hands make art.
      • 4 Years Ago
      Panties. Be. Droppin.
      • 4 Years Ago
      Why am I not rich instead of handsome?
      • 4 Years Ago
      This car is so ugly it is not funny.
      I can't believe how many people convince themselves that this is attractive.
      I mean it looks 80% like a DBS or even a DB9 and then they took the other good 20% and uglified it and then on top of that charged idiots almost 7 times more for it.

      I am sorry, if you are going to charge $2 million for a car, it should at least not look like anything else, especially your other cars.

      Say what you want about the Veyron, at least it does not look like anything else.
        • 4 Years Ago
        The veyron looks like it was cast from a mold that was made out of a giant bathtub.

        The details of the veyron are very finely done, and amazing... but the car looks like a giant lump in profile.
      • 4 Years Ago
      Will Bond like it?
      • 4 Years Ago
      Before wasting that amount of money, I'd buy a Rolls Royce, a classic instead of buying something that's the fad and will probably be forgotten in 5 years!
      • 4 Years Ago
      I'm so glad all didn't sell.

      That means there are still a few left that millionaires and billionaires can buy w/their tax cut.

      I.e. the top .9% saved $2.3M.

      https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010/09/19/weekinreview/19marsh.html
      • 4 Years Ago
      Ques Aston Martin Music...
    • Load More Comments