Report: Marchionne admits Fiat may sell off Ferrari ahead of merger
Earlier in 2010, Marchionne had stated a Ferrari IPO was possible but that he also wanted the automaker to revert to its traditional 90 percent ownership stake. After a five percent stake purchase from Mubadala Development company, it got the 90 percent ownership stake it was looking for yet talk of the initial public offering seems to contradict Marchionne's plans.
If the IPO does happen, we have a good idea who will be first in line with a briefcase full of hundreds.
[Source: Automotive News – sub. req. | Image: Massimo Pinca/AP]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies