UK-based HaloIPT introduces in-road charging system for electric vehicles
Though implementing such a system would be costly, HaloIPT envisions a future where motorways with embedded wireless charging systems act as range extenders for EVs. Possible, sure, but widespread implementation is pretty far away. Still, HaloIPT's motto – "No plugs, no fuss, just wireless" – leaves us longing for the day when EVs charge while motoring on down the road.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies