Sauber engineers also ambushed in Brazil
Jenson Button wasn't the only member of Bernie Ecclestone's traveling Formula One circus victimized by Sao Paolo's rampant criminal element yesterday. Sauber Motorsport says that three of its engineers were also robbed after leaving the Interlagos circuit last night around 8pm. While stopped at a traffic light, the group's minivan was reportedly surrounded by five robbers, one carrying an automatic weapon. The van's front passenger opened his door in response to the threat, and the bandits made off with a pair of backpacks, one of which contained a staffer's passport and phone among other items. After taking the bags, the thieves left, and no injuries were reported. The local police were informed of the incident, for whatever that's worth. Thanks for the tip, Pasi!
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX