Sauber engineers also ambushed in Brazil
Jenson Button wasn't the only member of Bernie Ecclestone's traveling Formula One circus victimized by Sao Paolo's rampant criminal element yesterday. Sauber Motorsport says that three of its engineers were also robbed after leaving the Interlagos circuit last night around 8pm. While stopped at a traffic light, the group's minivan was reportedly surrounded by five robbers, one carrying an automatic weapon. The van's front passenger opened his door in response to the threat, and the bandits made off with a pair of backpacks, one of which contained a staffer's passport and phone among other items. After taking the bags, the thieves left, and no injuries were reported. The local police were informed of the incident, for whatever that's worth. Thanks for the tip, Pasi!
- Spy shots automakers don't want you to see
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Bargain-priced performance hatchbacks
- Why trucks matter so much in Texas
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!
From Our Partners
You May Like
Links by Zergnet
Recharge Wrap-up: BMW i8 and i3 CrossFade Edition in Paris, upgraded Atieva electric van races againWatch Video