- Subaru: "Greenest Manufacturing Plant in America."
- Honda: "Greenest Car Lineup."
- Nissan: "Most Practical Zero Emissions Product" (for the Leaf).
- Toyota: "Worldwide Leadership in Hybrid Technology."
[Source: Decisive Media]
DECISIVE MEDIA NAMES THE GREENEST AUTO COMPANIES IN AMERICA
Top Ranking "Green" Automakers to be Honored at the 15th Annual Urban Wheel Awards
Detroit., Mich., Oct. 27, 2010-The 15th Annual Urban Wheel Awards will honor four auto companies for leadership in environmental and fuel-efficient technology, on Jan. 9, 2011 at the Sound Board Theater, located in the MotorCity Casino Hotel, Detroit, Mich.
Decisive Media, the nation's best source for consumer and cultural news as well as event host, has named Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Honda Motor Company, Ltd., Nissan Motor Company, Ltd., and Toyota Motor Corporation the most environmentally responsible automakers in the United States.
* Recognized for running the "Greenest Manufacturing Plant in America," Subaru of Indiana Automotive built and operates America's first zero landfill automobile factory. Ninety-nine percent of the waste from the plant is recycled and the remaining one percent is converted into electricity.
* Honda Motor Company, Ltd., offers the "Greenest Car Lineup." Based on average per-mile smog pollution and global warming emissions of the entire fleet of vehicles sold, Honda's lineup is the least polluting collection of cars sold in America. Honda's cars also get the highest average fleet fuel economy.
* Honored for building the "Most Practical Zero Emissions Product" sold in the United States, Nissan Motor Company, Ltd., has leapfrogged over every other manufacturer to become the head of the pack. The Leaf is the only affordable five-passenger, fully electric vehicle offered by a mainstream nameplate in the United States.
* Named for its "Worldwide Leadership in Hybrid Technology," Toyota Motor Corporation's introduction of the Prius took the concept of hybrids mainstream and made the car an icon in the process. Thanks to Prius, consumers have come to trust the concept of a gasoline/electric hybrid vehicle. The Prius propelled the idea of an ecologically sensitive automobile into the public's consciousness in a way not attempted previously.
"In celebration of our 15th anniversary, we thought it was important to identify and give special recognition to the auto companies making the greatest strides in environment protection and fuel efficiency," said Randi Payton, president of Decisive Media. "Honoring these automakers with our 'Green Company of the Year' award sends a message that they are committed to a long-term vision of sustainability for the well being of all."
The 15th Annual Urban Wheel Awards kicks off with its Green Car Show and Technology exhibit from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., with invited speakers Mayor Dave Bing and Bill Perkins, vice chairman of the North American International Auto Show. At 5 p.m., the VIP Green Carpet and reception will be held. The award ceremony begins at 7 p.m., followed by the General Motors and OnStar AfterGlow Reception, from 9:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
Winners of the Urban Green Vehicle, Urban Car, and Urban Truck of the Year awards will also be honored along with the Executive of the Year, Pioneer of the Year, Minority Supplier of the Year, and Dealer of the Year. In addition, three recipients will be presented with the Lifetime Achievement awards.
According to R.L. Polk & Co., consumers in the multicultural market purchase one-quarter of new vehicles annually. The 15th Annual Urban Wheel Awards also promotes awareness of their inclusion and honors the companies and individuals who have made progress toward embracing this reality.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (301) 850-2858. Visit www.decisivemagazine.com or e-mail us at email@example.com for more details.
ABOUT THE URBAN WHEEL AWARDS
The 15th Annual Urban Wheel Awards is a world-class awards show, held in conjunction with the North American International Auto Show. The awards promotes inclusion in the nation's largest auto show and brings together celebrities, automotive executives, international media, government representatives and the multicultural community to celebrate inclusion in the automotive industry. The Urban Wheel Awards promotes awareness of their inclusion and honors the companies and individuals who have made progress toward embracing this reality.
The daylong event begins with a "green" ribbon cutting ceremony and car show from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., followed by a celebrity "green" carpet and VIP reception at 5 p.m. The Urban Wheel Awards, which begins at 7 p.m., will honor four companies for leadership in environmental and fuel-efficient technologies. Winners of the Urban Car, Urban Truck, and Urban Green Vehicle of the Year awards will also be honored along with the Minority Supplier, Dealer, and Executive of the Year, Lifetime Achievement, and the Pioneer of the Year awards. For more information, please contact Rosiland Triche at firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 850-2858. Visit www.decisivemagazine.com for more information.
Decisive Media is a comprehensive multimedia platform, which produces culturally relevant consumer news and information to minority consumers to help them make informed purchasing decisions on products and services. Decisive also helps companies reach this growing market by employing new media technology through the use of multiple marketing and public relations tools.
A 501 (c ) (3) organization that was established in 1988, the Emerging Diversity Education Fund (formerly the Edward Davis Education Fund) provides mentoring, internships and scholarships to youth pursuing careers in communication, engineering, green professions and media. Since the organizations inception, more than 350 students have received scholarships and internships of more than $500,000. The organization also promotes diversity in various industries, including: automotive, entertainment, green and technology, to name a few.