FedEx outfits 35 battery-powered forklifts with hydrogen fuel cells
John King, FedEx project manager, decided that equipping all 35 electric forklifts with Plug Power Inc.'s fuel cell systems was the only way to go. The converted forklifts operate on hydrogen gas fed from FedEx's on-site, 6,000-gallon "smart" fueling station, which is equipped with a system that detects any potentially dangerous leaks. Refueling the fuel cell-equipped forklifts takes less than a minute and provides the heavy lifter with enough hydrogen to run all day long and deep into the night. Hat tip to Roy!
[Source: News-Leader | Image: adactio – C.C. License 2.0]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video