Saab at work on diesel hybrid?
Three years ago, in November 2007, some scribes visiting the same factory got an engineer to admit that General Motors and Saab were working on a diesel hybrid. The engineer said that, "We will get everything to work together. With the next generation of hybrid we can lower the fuel consumption up to 40 percent. This is possible with the use of more electricity." Peugeot has a diesel through-the-road hybrid coming in early 2011, the 3008 Hybrid4. Would that Saab could get in front of that wave and reap the benefits instead of playing catch up.
[Source: Automobil via Saab's United]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies