Report: Chevrolet Volt dealer demos not coming until February
Volt product marketing director Tony DiSalle spoke to journalists at a ride-and-drive event featuring the company's plug-in on Monday. DiSalle said that the initial batch of Volts, which are scheduled for production next month, will head directly to customers. DiSalle added that General Motors will begin producing the demo Volts in February and these vehicle will pop up in dealer showrooms shortly thereafter. Interestingly, DiSalle claims that more than half of the customers in line for the Volt are new to the brand. However, he was less forthcoming on how many of these "conquest" sales simply crossed over from one of GM's other brands.
[Source: Automotive News – sub. req.]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies