Confession time: I spend an inordinate amount of time in the autos section of Craigslist. That site is like Krispy Kreme doughnuts dipped in crack cocaine for any connoisseur of bad ideas, and I, loyal readers, am the world's foremost authority on poor decisions.
This is the 2011 Dodge Avenger. It has a new interior, better powertrain choices and more aggressive suspension, which were greatly needed, especially since it is perhaps the most frequently overlooked vehicle in the entry-level mid-size sedan segment. But Very minor adjustments have been made to the Avenger's exterior.
I-TEC believes it can built around 100 cars per year for around $80,000 apiece.
Also of interest:
- Hyundai moves to fix early 2011 Sonata Turbo hose issue
- Officially Official: 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan reports for family duty
- Are you the U.S. widebody Mitsubishi i-MiEV?
- GM to buy back $2.1 billion of Preferred Stock, improve financial position
- Reports: Nissan to repair 2.14 million vehicles in its 3rd biggest recall ever
- Report: Driverless electric vans finish 8,000-mile journey
- NHTSA reportedly asks for GM, Ford and Toyota data in Jeep probe
- Consumer Reports: 39% of consumers will consider a hybrid or plug-in for next car [w/poll]