HARDEST WORKER – ALL-NEW FORD RANGER DEBUTS WITH MORE POWER, CAPABILITY AND TECHNOLOGIES
* Bold, powerful and confident, the taut and toned all-new Ranger will be the new face of Built Ford Tough for compact pickup truck customers in 180 markets around the world – the result of a new global compact pickup truck platform
* Ranger comprehensively transforms the compact pickup truck ownership experience with more capability, more power and more features than ever before
* Ranger introduces three new engines – including two Ford Duratorq TDCi diesel engines with up to 470 Nm of torque – and new six-speed transmissions engineered for uncompromised capability
* Exceptional towing capability and a payload capacity of up to 1500 kilograms on selected models clearly signal how the all-new model extends the Ford Ranger heritage of strength
* With more features and smart technologies than ever before seen on a Ford Ranger, including Adaptive Load Control, Trailer Sway Control, Rear Park Assist and the segment's first Rearview Camera system, the next-generation model is amongst the most high-tech vehicles in the compact pickup segment
* Ranger offers new safety innovations, along with a comfortable, quiet, more refined ride. The new Ford pickup is executed with outstanding levels of craftsmanship and quality
SYDNEY, October 15, 2010 – The all-new Ford Ranger – the latest in a wave of global vehicles – makes its worldwide debut today at the Australian International Motor Show. The all-new Ranger has a powerful presence and promises to give pickup truck owners more can-do capability and a transformed truck ownership experience.
From impressive gains in power and safety to exceptional towing capability, the next-generation Ford Ranger emerges as a clear segment leader. It not only builds on the tremendous Ranger heritage of pickup truck capability, but it also gives truck owners a spacious, comfortable, feature-filled interior and sophisticated driving experience they would expect to find only in a car.
Amongst the most high-tech in its segment, Ranger is the impressive result of an all-new global compact pickup truck platform from Ford – the latest to emerge under the company's One Ford initiative – and Mazda. It replaces two previous-generation compact truck platforms currently in production to present a new face of Built Ford Tough to customers around the world.
Built on innovation, it boasts a list of technologies and features to lead the segment – including a new Rearview Camera System, Rear Park Assist, Trailer Sway Control and Adaptive Load Control. Ford plans to reveal even more new Ranger technologies in the coming months.
Destined for sale across five continents and more than 180 markets, Ranger will be offered as a complete family of compact trucks – with three different cab body styles, 4x2 and 4x4 drivetrains, two ride heights and up to five series choices, depending on the market.
"We know trucks so we leveraged our best expertise from around the globe to create the all-new Ford Ranger," said Derrick Kuzak, group vice president, Global Product Development.
"Focusing our global resources on a single new compact pickup truck platform meant we could deliver significant improvements, technologies and features that owners will value, along with impressive fuel economy that alone will be a reason to buy."
The all-new Ranger reflects Ford's insight into compact pickup buyers around the world and their evolving wants.
"Compact pickups are hugely important to customers in many regions of the world," said Jim Farley, group vice president, Marketing, Sales and Service. "For many, it's the only vehicle in a household headed by a hard-working person others depend on. These people need a truck that can get the job done – and they'll be amazed how Ranger's smart new technologies make the job easier. And increasingly, they're also looking for the kinds of features, technologies, spaciousness and refinement you'd expect in a car, and Ranger is just as innovative here."
All-new model builds on strong heritage
For nearly 20 years,Ranger has been one of Ford's most popular pickups across the globe. It has provided millions of buyers with Ford Tough Truck capabilities – hauling heavy payloads, pulling trailers and absorbing punishment on the roughest roads. The all-new Ford Ranger now has even more capability but has been transformed into a taut, toned and muscular contemporary shape exuding strength and toughness.
With an all-new chassis frame, front and rear suspension and steering system, Ranger delivers more payload and outstanding towing capability. It is powered by a choice of three new, fuel-efficient powertrains, including two state-of-the-art common-rail Ford Duratorq TDCi diesels and new fuel-efficient six-speed transmissions. Add in more chassis and safety technologies, and the story of Ranger pickup truck leadership becomes as vivid as its powerful, purposeful stance.
Ranger has the flexibility to handle every chore at home or on the job.
Its transformation is perhaps most vivid in the all-new interior, which brings new levels of spaciousness to the compact pickup ownership experience. The all-new Ranger offers a comfortable and quiet ride, along with a level of features and technologies that make it second-to-none.