2011 Hennessey HPE700 Camaro Convertible – Click above for high-res image gallery
The 2011 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible
is getting ready to take the stage at the 2010 Los Angeles Auto Show
, but John Hennessey
and his band of tuners can't wait that long. Hennessey Performance
has announced plans and specs for its upcoming, limited-edition 2011 Hennessey HPE700 Camaro Convertible.
had a hit on its hands when it announced the 2010 HPE700 Camaro
. That 725-horsepower coupe was limited to just 24 examples and they were all quickly spoken for. Since Chevrolet
is bringing out the droptop Camaro, Hennessey has decided to produce another 24-car limited-edition run with the 2011 model. The 2011 Hennessey HPE700 will be available in both coupe and convertible form, and the cars stats are staggering.
The HPE700 ditches the LS3
mill found in the standard Camaro SS
and in its place sticks the supercharged LS9
from the Corvette ZR1
. Hennessey says the motor has been tweaked to produce 755 hp and 763 pound-feet of torque. The 6.2-liter V8 is able to hit those numbers thanks to revised boost levels and a more robust fuel system. Thanks to all that power, Hennessey has listed a 0-60 mph time of just 3.3 seconds. A trip down the quarter-mile happens in 10.9 seconds at 130 miles per hour. Those figures are for the hardtop version when fitted with optional Nitto drag radials.
It's not just a straight-line shooter though, as Hennessey adds more than power to its HPE700. The car is fitted with lightweight HPE wheels, 15-inch brakes with six-piston front calipers, larger sway bars and an adjustable coilover suspension setup. The exterior is fitted with numerous carbon fiber trim pieces. Inside, the HPE700 Camaro receives Hennessey logos on the headrests and floor mats, an HPE race shift knob and upgraded shifter, a numbered dash and hood plaque and an Alcantara-wrapped steering wheel.
Currently, there is no set allocation plan for the coupe and convertible in the 24-car run. Pricing has been set at a stout $132,500, but that includes the cost of the base vehicle. It also includes a one-day performance driving course at Lonestar Motorsports Park. The quarter-mile dragstrip, which has been featured in many of Hennessey's videos
, is located next door to the company's production facility and showroom.
Full details can be found in the press release after the jump
LS9-Powered Camaro Goes Topless
New 2011 Hennessey HPE700 Camaro Gets Convertible Option and 755 Horsepower
SEALY, TEXAS – With the limited production run of Hennessey's 2010 HPE700 Camaro long since sold-out, the company has announced they will build another 24 units for the 2011 model year. This latest run of HPE700's will include the addition of the new convertible model (from Chevrolet) and an increase in power from its supercharged 6.2L LS9 V8 – the same engine found in the Corvette ZR1.
The 2011 HPE700 gets its additional power from revised boost levels and a more robust fuel system, delivering 755 bhp and 763 lb-ft of torque. This 30 horsepower increase over 2010 will also help move the convertible's extra weight, while the large 15 inch brakes from last year remain to bring it back to a stop quickly.
As the Camaro convertible arrives in showrooms in the spring of 2011, the 6-speed manual SS model will become available alongside its hardtop brethren to become the basis for the HPE700 LS9 Camaro transformation.
HPE founder and president, John Hennessey said, "We have already sold a several of our 2011 HPE700's in hardtop form, increasing the potential for the convertible LS9 Camaro to become an even rarer option than before". "I expect that we will sell all 24 units just as we did in 2010. However this time we will probably sell-out even sooner as the convertible option will certainly be attractive – especially with 755 horsepower".
In addition to the upgraded LS9 engine, the HPE700 also includes an adjustable coilover suspension, larger sway bars, HPE lightweight wheels, larger 15-inch brakes with 6-piston front calipers, stainless steel long tube headers, painted hockey stripe, Alcantara-wrapped steering wheel, CarbonAero™ carbon fiber body kit and more to complete the car's distinct look and performance characteristics.
As with the 2010 model year, the 2011 HPE700 LS9 Camaro will be limited to just 24 units, with no set allocation between coupe and convertible. Pricing for the complete HPE700 upgrade, including the base vehicle, is $132,500 and can be ordered directly through HPE or one of Hennessey's authorized Chevrolet dealers.
2011 Hennessey HPE700 LS9 Camaro Specifications
• 755 bhp @ 6,400 rpm
• 763 lb-ft Torque @ 3,200 rpm
• 0 - 60 mph: 3.3 sec. *
• 1/4 mile: 10.9 @ 130 mph *
• Skidpad: 1.01 g
• 60 - 0 mph braking: 104 ft.
Note: * with optional 305/35-20 Nitto Drag Radial Tires
2011 HPE700 Camaro Includes:
• Base 2011 Camaro SS with 6-speed Manual Transmission (convertible or hardtop)
• LS9 6.2 Liter Supercharged Engine with Intercooler
• HPE Cold Air Induction System
• Supercharger Pulley Upgrade
• High-Flow Fuel Injectors
• Fuel System Upgrade
• Intercooler System Upgrade
• CarbonAero ™ Bodywork: Front Spoiler, Rear Bumper Diffuser & Side Rocker Panels
• Long Tube Stainless Steel Headers
• HPE Extreme Duty Clutch & Flywheel Upgrade
• HPE Race Shift Knob and Shifter Upgrade
• HPE Light Weight Alloy Wheels
• 20 x 10.5 inch (rear); 20 x 9.5 inch (front)
• Pirelli P-Zero Tires, 275/35-YR20 (front); 305/35-YR20 (rear)
• Brembo Front Brake Upgrade: 6-Piston Calipers with Light Weight 15 inch Cross-Drilled Rotors
• Brembo Rear Brake Upgrade: 4-Piston Calipers with 14 inch Light Weight Rotors
• KW / HPE Variant 3 Adjustable Coil-Over Suspension Upgrade
• KW / HPE Front & Rear Sway Bar Upgrades
• Painted Hockey Stick Side Stripe with LS9 logo
• Hennessey Embroidered Head Rests & Floor Mats
• Limited Edition HPE700 Dash Plaque & Hood Plaque
• HPE700 & Hennessey Logos Painted on Rear Deck Lid
• Hennessey Letter of Authenticity
• HPE700 buyers will also receive a 1-day performance driving course at Lonestar Motorsports
Park – a 1/4 mile dragstrip facility located adjacent to Hennessey's 30,000 square foot production
facility and showroom.