Car Arc's solar charging station just another dreamy idea
Ease of install is definitely a plus, as is the nifty bicycle storage setup, but the thin layer of solar film attached to the Car Arc's polycarbonate roof is the heart and soul of the system and that's where we find fault. While the concept is striking, the thin solar film would need be extremely powerful to capture enough of the sun's energy to charge up an electric bike, let alone a battery-powered vehicle. Also, what's up with promo pictures that show the Acr in the shade? The Car Arc may be one of the niftiest carports available, but as a charger for EVs, we'd suggest either a full-blown solar setup like this one or something that's wall-mounted and gets its juice from the grid.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models