Report: Toyota to mass produce electric vehicle for Chinese market by 2012
Toyota will make use of its joint venture with FAW to offer an entry-level electric in China with a price tag that's expected to undercut other foreign competitors. Mass production of the Toyota Vios-based EV should begin by the end of 2012 and sales are expected to go nationwide soon thereafter.
[Source: Green Car Advisor]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies