NHTSA probing Ford F-150 fuel tank straps
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has begun an investigation of approximately 1.4 million 1996-2001 Ford F-150 pickup trucks after receiving 32 complaints that the straps supporting the fuel tank are prone to corrosion. According to NHTSA, in 28 of the cases, one or both straps broke, causing the fuel tank to drop to the ground, which could result in a fire hazard. [Source: Detroit News]
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
Get recall details from the NHTSA and find out what to do if your car been recalled.