Tennessee to offer $2,500 rebate for first 1,000 electric vehicles; Sen. Lamar Alexander says he's buying a Leaf
Tennessee's $2,500 rebate, combined with the federal government's $7,500 tax credit, effectively drops the price of the Leaf from its reasonable MSRP of $32,780 down to a bargain-basement $22,780. Nissan said that the rebate will be provided by its dealerships in Tennessee and will be applied at the time of purchase. Tennessee, which is home to Nissan's U.S. headquarters, is on the Leaf's early release list and local Nissan dealerships have already begun taking orders for the "game changing" EV. The Leaf should reach showrooms and land in the driveways of Tennessee's early EV adopters by year's end.
Thanks to Roy B. for the tip!
[Source: AP, Detroit News]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies