We witnessed several million-dollar cars go up for sale at RM's auction on Saturday night, but across town, the Gooding & Company auction had even more impressive metal crossing the block. Gooding's two night auction resulted in more than $64 million in sales, including six world records. "We went into this year's Pebble Beach Auctions with high expectations because of the sheer number of extraordinary cars we had consigned," said David Gooding, President and founder of Gooding & Company. "Our highest-ever Pebble Beach weekend results at $64.59 Million speak for themselves and I couldn't be happier."
The record-setting cars auctioned off by Gooding:
- 1959 Ferrari 250 GT LWB California Spider Competizione at $7,260,000
- 1933 Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 Monza at $6,710,000
- 1961 Ferrari 250 GT SWB Berlinetta SEFAC Hot Rod at $6,105,000
- 1956 Maserati 200SI at $2,640,000
- 1951 Ferrari 340 America Spider at $2,530,000
- 1937 Jaguar SS100 at $1,045,000