Will flex-fuel vehicles survive when CAFE credits dissappear in 2016?
Come 2016, most CAFE credits for flex-fuel vehicles will be phased out and industry analysts predict that production of vehicles capable of running E85 will slowly dwindle down to nothing. Any remaining CAFE credits will only be issued if an automaker can prove that E85, and not standard gasoline, is actually dumped into the tank of the vehicle. Good luck with that. Let's kick off the discussion up with a simple question: will flex-fuel vehicles live on despite disappearing CAFE credits? We've got our own hunch, but before throwing our ideas out there, we'd like to hear your thoughts.
[Source: Automotive News – sub. req.]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video