Those two mystery Tesla prototypes for Toyota? Bloomberg says RAV4 and Lexus RX
Even though the Elon Musk says he expects, "range and acceleration exceeding that of other announced electric vehicles of this class," we wonder if he's including a crossover like the BYD e6. The electric SUV from China is currently testing in the Shenzhen taxi fleet and claimed to have a range of 186 miles. If that's his target, then the numbers would exceed the figures Toyota has for the joint project, with an ideal cost of "about $40,000 with 150 miles (240 kilometers) of driving range per charge."
Tesla's electrified RAV4 and Lexus RX are predicted to be delivered to Toyota this month, so expect a barrage of news to be forthcoming.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models