Elon Musk nets much needed $24M profit from Tesla's IPO
As the Detroit Free Press reports, Musk made a whopping $24 million in a single day courtesy of the IPO. Musk sold 1.42 million of his Tesla shares at $17 per, including additional shares that fall under the category of over-allotment to underwriters. The sale netted Musk a cool $24 million, but there's a significant chance that he could earn much more. Musk still holds 26.9 million Tesla shares which were valued at $516 million as of the end of the day on Friday and he could option off more stock to add to his $24 million in chump change. All in all, Musk made out all right and if he's still considered broke, then we wouldn't mind joining him in the poor house.
[Source: Detroit Free Press]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies