Japan gets back into algae biofuel (and algae-based foodstuffs)
Algae biofuel is hot again now (well, medium warm, at least, since its certainly not scorching) and Hidetoshi Shioda, a senior energy analyst at Mizuho Securities Co. in Tokyo, told Automotive News (sub. req.) that, "A tug of war may begin among industrial nations for a new way of making algae-derived fuel in the years ahead." If we get some tasty new algae-based ramen noodle packs out of the bargain, that'd be a nice bonus.
[Source: Automotive News (sub. req.) | Image: www.futureatlas.com – C.C. License 2.0]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies