2011 Hyundai Sonata: 1,065 miles on 16.07 gallons = 66.285 mpg!
While the Sonata is definitely a very efficient sedan, few drivers should expect to achieve 66 mpg (or even 40) in most driving conditions. Gerdes drives with one eye always watching his Scan-Gauge II to make sure he's getting the most out of every gallon. The level of concentration required to consistently achieve these elevated numbers would be impossible for most drivers most of the time. Nonetheless, Gerdes and the Sonata have earned another big thumbs up.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models