Report: Auto Czar Montgomery stepping down
Montgomery was just named dean of school public policy at Georgetown University, and will likely be spending his days there instead of fretting over whether or not the American auto industry can keep its head above water. Despite things looking up for both bailed-out companies, the Obama Administration says that Montgomery's vacant seat will be filled sooner rather than later, though no one knows who will be picked for the job. Until then, his duties will fall on the shoulders of Larry Summers, the current director of the National Economic Council.
[Source: The Detroit News | Image: Bill Pugliano/Getty]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies