Prepping for 2012 Summer Olympics, fuel cell-powered London taxi prototype unveiled
The classic black TX4 cab is outfitted with a fuel cell electric powertrain that has a range of 250 miles and top speed of 50 miles per hour. The hydrogen tank can be refilled in just five minutes but a network of hydrogen filling stations will have to be put in place to make a fleet useful in 2012. So far, the project has been funded with £5.5 million from the Technology Strategy Board but more cash will be needed to complete the original goal of an emission-free taxi fleet.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models