Report: De Tomaso planning Mini rival?
The rumors center around the revived De Tomaso. The dormant sportscar marque was recently acquired by one Gianmario Rossignolo, a former chief executive of Lancia who was previously linked to a take-over of Bertone. Rossignolo has some ambitious plans in place for his new company, acquiring a former Pininfarina factory in the Piedmont region of Italy, where he reportedly plans on building a line of sportscars, luxury sedans and sport-utes. Now reports suggest a premium hatchback to rival the Mini could be in the cards as well.
Any truth to it? Too soon to tell, but Rossignolo's De Tomaso is expected to debut something new in Geneva next year, so if we sit tight, we just might find out.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models