Department of Energy announces $20M for new geothermal ideas
Well, the scale is tipping back towards good news, at least for now. The DOE has announced $20 million in funding to boost research, development and demonstration of innovative geothermal technologies in the U.S.. These include low-temperature geothermal fluids (up to 300° F), geothermal fluids recovered from oil and gas wells and highly pressurized geothermal fluids.
Think you've got an idea for an innovative geothermal technology and you want a piece of the DOE's pie? The full announcement and list of funding opportunities can be viewed here.
[Source: Green Car Congress | Image: sigholm – C.C. 2.0]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies