Audi S8 leaked? Nope, it's a 'chop
Power will no doubt be plentiful, although we don't yet know which engine will power the new model. The previous generation used a 450-horsepower 5.2-liter V10, but the new A8 has already been spec'ed out with a 500 hp 6.3-liter W12.
The S8 will surely have at least that much power, although Audi has been on an engine downsizing kick lately. The latest S4 and S5 cabrio went from a V8 to a supercharged V6. It wouldn't be surprising to see the engineers at quattro GmbH cook up a new boosted V8 with over 500 hp for this and other future high performance Audis.
We expect to see the real S8 arrive by the time of the Paris Motor Show in September, but this reader rendering will have to do for now.
[Source: World Car Fans]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models