Rendered Speculation: Hyundai Sonata Convertible in the works?
Their logic? The market is noticeably bereft of a well-priced drop-head with functional rear seats. Former heavy hitters like the Chrysler Sebring, Toyota Solara and even the Pontiac G6 are either dead or dying, and that's created a void that's gone unfilled. Clipping the roof off of the already well-styled Sonata certainly wouldn't hurt the design in anyway, especially if Hyundai stuck with a power soft top instead of a heavy retractable hard-top version.
There's no doubt that the automaker could pull it off if so motivated, but we have to wonder whether it would be worth Hyundai's time. Be sure to hop over to Inside line to see the full renderings.
[Source: Inside Line]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models