Austria planning to turn phone booths into electric vehicle charge stations
Most phone booths have been decommissioned in the past decade as their use has fallen off. Telekom Austria now has an idea for re-using these roadside boxes. The phone company wants to turn its 13,500 phone booths around the country into electric vehicle charging stations.
The plan is logical since the phone booths already have wiring infrastructure which could be updated with high voltage wiring for charging. The first converted booth was recently unveiled at Telekom Austria's headquarters. We think Superman will enjoy changing in these booths even more than the telephone boxes of old.
[Source: Just-Auto | Image: C.P. Storm - C.C. License 2.0]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models