Follow-Up: Michelin, Avon, Pirelli bid for F1 tire contract
All three of the candidates have participated in the series at one point or another: Michelin from 1977-1984 and again from 2001-2006, Avon from 1954-58 and again in '81-82, and Pirelli in the '50s and '80s. However Michelin, the largest of the three, could prove the most problematic, given the conditions it's demanding and the notorious debacle at Indy in 2005 that led to the demise of the United States Grand Prix.
No further word at this point on the purported candidacy of Korean rubber companies Hankook or Kumho, but with the Formula One Teams Association set to deliberate and decide on the matter shortly, we'll be finding out soon enough.
[Source: Autosport | Image: Toshifumi Kitamura/AFP/Getty]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models