Spotted in Detroit: Pre-production 2011 Chevrolet Volt
This weekend, a camera crew from Detroit's channel 7 news spotted one of these finished cars. We can't tell from these photos if this cars one is one of the IVERs or one of the new production validation cars that started rolling out of the Detroit-Hamtramck assembly plant a couple of weeks ago. Either way, every time we see a Volt in the wild, the whole project feels a bit more real. A tip of the hat to Vince!
Update: Volt chief engineer Andrew Farah checked the plate number on the car in the pics and verified that it is in fact one of the first vehicles built off the Hamtramck assembly line.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies